Doing Your Research
Information is available from many sources in relation to wind energy however much of this can be inaccurate and misleading.
Unfortunately, there is also much information put into the public domain aimed at misrepresenting individual projects. This being the case, it is important to make sure that the images or information that you have to hand are accurate. We are happy to provide accurate information on this project or guidance to help direct you towards sources of genuine peer reviewed information should you request it.
Some Wind Farm Locations
Some good examples of wind farms to visit are:
- Mountlucas Wind Farm near Daingain, Co. Offaly.
- 28 turbines with a 150m tip height
- Monaincha Wind Farm near Roscrea, Co Tipperary
- 15 turbines with a 150m tip height
- Lisheen Mines Wind Farm near Urlingford, Co Kilkenny.
- 30 turbines with a tip height of 140m